Inner Circle is a simple game of predicting outcomes of events and comparing yourself against your friends. I’ve started learning iOS dev and I am building Inner Circle to help me hone my iOS skills. I have recruited 3 additional players and we just wrapped up the first week. All questions were NFL selections. Results are in the pictures below.
I decided to build Inner Circle to give me an opportunity to practice across several areas of iOS development. This includes:
- Getting and posting JSON to a server
- Customizing the Table View to make the question selection cells bow to my command
- Using a WebView to view content from the web (this is the tables view)
- Saving data locally between app restarts (username)
- App icons – just anything besides the default!
- And to see if we can make this game fun enough for us to want to continue playing
I’ve also coddled together a simple node.js app to manage all the data. Feels good to work with Coffeescript again. So clean! And Heroku and Mongolab again to the quick and dirty rescue.
And big kudos to Test Flight for making it simple to share builds with your users. All for free.
Next on the product timeline:
- Adding the notion of Quizzes, or a grouping of questions
- This will allow you to work on multiple simultaneous sets of questions
- Display a selection list of the current open Quizzes